Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Out of sync

I don’t recognise these heartbeats, these lub-dubs, not automated but influenced and beggared; they’re too fast and fishy, and I don’t have the kind of mind that keeps up with the fluctuations that the heart keeps bringing home.

I don’t recognise these heartaches, like raindrops expanding into oceans too big to land onto my palms; they’re too deep to be small and I don’t have the kind of mind that drops and drowns into the chemicals the heart keeps recommending.


Because the sound of syncing that turns out to mean sinking is not unbeknownst to me, I have the kind of mind that runs away from the heart.

2 comments:

Puzzle Piece said...

Good one!
"I have the kind of mind that runs away from the heart."

Nikita Sijapati said...

Thankyou :)

Post a Comment