Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Adventures of Foresight



I can see you. Winter isn’t here just to live by calendars and forecasts; it’s here to fog up the air around me, and the air around you. I can still see you. You can’t see me.

Here, right now, how I see it all matters because tomorrow relies on it. So I’ve decided to see through you. And winter is here, so I can have something to blame for the cold feeling I will have after having seen through you, or something to thank, for you will not have seen through me.

There are wires; there are hearts, not used. And you can’t see me. That’s why tomorrow; all of this will be just a memory. I seeing you not seeing me has no future. And winter is here, to teach me to get used to it.

And maybe I’ll grow old by the time I figure this out, but I’ll be old and strong, having lived through many, many winters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just this winter girl, then I shall see you. I know I mess up at times. I know that for this cold heart I carry, winter is not to be blamed. Yet I blame it. This vibe you get off me gives you chills I know, and maybe pushes you away, for I carry a cold heart. And now as these words make their way, a feeling strikes this cold heart - maybe the fog that winter brought with itself has blinded you enough that you can't see me seeing through you. Maybe it's not just me. Maybe it's us. So wait, before you figure this out on your own and have wrinkles alone, let us work on it, not just walk past it, and live through many, many winters alone.
(fiction) :) Have fun!

Nikita Sijapati said...

"Maybe it's us." That maybe we can't see each other seeing through the other is an idea I'd happily entertain, were it not for the consolation of "just this winter." Waiting is something done alone, and that's how we grow old.

Post a Comment